Get Focused, Get Found, Get Hired! A Strategic Advantage is your partner in articulating your strengths and talents, understanding the market, and promoting your value in today's complex marketplace to achieve your career and business goals. Owner Marie Zimenoff works individually with a select number of mid-level and executive clients - using proven assessment and narrative techniques to guide career path definition and advancement, applying the latest job search strategies to uncover opportunities, and writing differentiating resumes, cover letters, executive biographies, and LinkedIn profiles to set you apart from the competition.
Bringing the human touch to outplacement. Through partnerships with resume, career, job search, and transition support experts, A Strategic Advantage provides comprehensive, face-to-face outplacement services for Northern Colorado employers. As an experienced trainer, Marie also helps businesses improve communication and engage and capitalize on their employee's strengths.
Founder and President of A Strategic Advantage Marie Zimenoff blends training in career coaching, career counseling, and professional resume writing with marketing savvy to achieve consistent positive outcomes for job seekers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. She offers a practical approach and is committed to the community. Her drive to stay on the cutting edge of the dynamic career industry keeps clients ahead of the curve and succeeding with integrity.
Prior to founding A Strategic Advantage, Marie had a career in leadership development and selection within higher education, gaining familiarity with the back side of the selection process and expertise in coaching individuals to make decisions, mitigate conflict, and navigate strategic planning processes.
- Master of Education in Counseling and Career Development, Colorado State University
- Nationally Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors
- Certified Career Management Coach
- Nationally Certified Resume Writer, The National Resume Writers' Association
- MBTI® Master Practitioner, CPP, Inc.
Professional Leadership & Associations
- President and Former Certification Committee Member, The National Resume Writers' Association
- Past President, Colorado Career Development Association
- Leadership Academy (1 of 7 selected internationally), National Career Development Association
- Member, American Counseling Association
- Program Committee, Northern Colorado Human Resource Association
Community Leadership & Involvement
- Board Secretary / Member, Education & Life Training Center
- Programs Chair, Rotary Club of Fort Collins - Breakfast
- Advisory Board Member, College of Business, Front Range Community College
- Sponsor, Colorado State University Green & Gold Gala
I got the job I wanted . . . there is no doubt that the resume you wrote was responsible for getting the interview. The HR staff and Director of Personnel all said they were impressed with my resume and that is why the called me. That resume would have never stood out if not for your help. Thanks for everything.
– A.P., Educator